Making tasty treats shouldn’t be hard, and these Confetti Yogurt Pops are quick and simple to make. The kids can even help! Plus they’re rich in protein and calcium—the perfect treat to cool your family down on a hot summer day. Enjoy this recipe courtesy of The University of Maine Cooperative Extension.
Confetti Yogurt Pops
These creamy yogurt pops have 3 simple ingredients.
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Freezer time: 4 hours
2 cups yogurt (vanilla, low-fat)
1 cup berries (fresh or frozen, use your favorite or an assortment; no need to thaw frozen berries)
3 pretzel rods (halved; or 6 baked snack stick crackers)
- Break pretzel rods in half.
- In a large bowl, gently stir together the yogurt and berries.
- Spoon into 4-ounce ice-pop molds or 3-ounce paper cups.
- Cover molds or cups with foil.
- Use a sharp knife (adults should do this!) to cut a small hole in the foil.
- Insert cut side of pretzel rod or a snack stick.
- Freeze until firm (approximately 4 hours).
- Remove foil and mold or cup before serving.
- Serve to your happy brood or store in the freezer for up to one month.
Source: The University of Maine Cooperative Extension