Thanks for your interest in working with Tidewater Family Plus! We are always in need of people for the following positions.
Advertising Account Manager
- Do you love magazines?
- Are you excited about local business?
- Are you digital savvy?
- Do you love meeting new people?
- Do you have excellent communication skills?
- If so, Tidewater Family Plus magazine needs you to help local business owners reach a coveted demographic through print and digital advertising.
Tidewater Family Plus is the region’s ONLY monthly magazine offering trends and information to help parents and women of all ages survive and thrive in the 21st century. Our print magazine reaches 20,000+ readers each month, and our website reaches parents and women locally and around the world with great articles and information designed to help them live fulfilling lives.
- The ideal candidates we are seeking must:
- LOVE magazines!
- Be energetic and not afraid to meet new people.
- Be motivated to identify and actively pursue new clients.
- Be a self-starter and well organized.
- Have excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Be computer savvy.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Assist local businesses in structuring and maintaining an effective and ROI-driven advertising plan while utilizing Tidewater Family Plus magazine’s print, digital, and social channels. Qualified candidates will utilize self-management skills to identify and develop new business opportunities to secure and service advertising commitments.
Full-time based on availability and agreed employment terms and responsibilities.
Qualified candidates should possess familiarity with the following:
- Client services and account management
- Print media advertising sales
- Digital advertising and marketing
- Social media marketing and applications
- Remote communications software (Zoom, Skype, etc.)
- Microsoft Office Suite (or comparable applications)
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software
Outside sales experience is required. Advertising sales experience preferred.
This position is primarily a work-from-home position and affords a great deal of flexibility for you to self-manage your own environment in a way that is most productive for you. Weekly meetings will be required.
Tidewater Family Plus magazine offers competitive base salary combined with a commission-based income structure with rewarding compensation driven by successful advertising and marketing channel sales. 90-day trial period with pre-determined goals for gross sales needing to be met.
Interested in a great new job with a growing company? Send your resume TODAY. Please include a cover letter telling us why you are a great fit for this job! Don’t delay – we plan to fill this position quickly! Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
If you are interested, please send your resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com.
We are always on the lookout for writers for Tidewater Family Plus. Our style is informal and conversational. Shorter paragraphs work best. Length varies from 600-700 words for shorter articles to 1500 or so for longer articles.
Writers fall into two categories
We welcome informational articles about your area of expertise as long as they are not self-promoting. For example, if you are a dentist, an appropriate article might be about sealants, why they are important, and when children’s teeth should be sealed. The first step is to contact the editor and provide a few topics you might like to write about. If these topics are a good fit for TF, the editor might suggest that you write a sample article for consideration. For your contribution, you would receive a blurb at the end of the article with your name, credentials, and contact info. It’s a great way to gain visibility for your business or health care practice.
If you would like to receive assignments and/or pitch story ideas, please send your resume and writing samples.